Video Projection Mapping & Technology
Video projection has come a long way since RCA demonstrated a video projection large-screen presentation for the first time on May 7, 1941.
WorldStage, on the vanguard of video projection technology for more than 20 years, demonstrates there’s no limit to where a projected image can go, and what it can do.
From blending, projection mapping, to 3D, to mapping onto moving objects, WorldStage offers innovative ways to convey images in unconventional places and surprising ways. We utilize the most cutting-edge technology including 4K DLP, HD, and exotic ultra-short-throw lensing.
WorldStage works with outstanding content creation partners across the country – from NYC to SF – to generate collaborative and unique solutions, yielding memorable outcomes. Among our highlights:
- WorldStage upped the ante for the 40th anniversary celebration of Saturday Night Live. We created a blended projection element for Sir Paul McCartney, amplifying the fact that the former Beatle is still larger than life.
- WorldStage helped support a one-in-five-years event for Canon Corporation, featuring 4K video projection on a massive scale.
- At a major press event, WorldStage’s technical wizardry helped Volkswagen launch its new VW Golf, using a projection mapping system that left no surface of the car and its stage untouched.
- WorldStage astounded attendees of the yearly Adobe Max conference by successfully pulling off an untested staging feat, which utilized 42 Christie projectors and myriad Coolux Pandora servers to track and auto-warp two, 30-foot tall periaktoi — rotating stages — and surrounding screens.
- Creating an atypical visual background for a Klick Health gathering was the challenge for the AV team at WorldStage, which worked in concert with artist and projection designer John Ensor Parker to create a projection sculpture that exemplified the client’s content. The result was complex, 3D projection mapping for the artist’s multifaceted set piece.
WorldStage collaborates with partners to heighten the art of video production. We present client content with the most dramatic, stunning — and reliable — systems available in the industry.