Video Engineering Associate
WorldStage Inc., a multi-faceted event technology provider with a thirty-year history, is seeking a Video Engineering Associate to work on location.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Engineering, and the specific supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Video Engineering Associate is responsible for helping in the documentation, engineering, and research of jobs related to both System Sales and Rental & Staging. This role involves coordination of resources with project management, CAD drafting of projects in connectCAD, Vectorworks, Autocad, as well as other software as determined. The Video Engineering Associate, at the direction of the Video Engineering Manager, will work with the drafting department, and audio engineering managers, as needed on a project-to-project basis.
WorldStage provides entertainment technology services across an amazingly wide variety of markets including corporate, broadcast, theater, trade shows and experiential marketing. Our diverse project gallery can be viewed at www.WorldStage.com
Essential Job Functions
- Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding work content as well as department and company matters.
- Security: Follows designated processes for management, security, storage and retention of electronic files and paper documents.
- Compliance: Meets all compliance requirements related to position and level of authority.
- Communication: Communicates well, orally and in writing, with managers, team members and coworkers, clients and vendors, as appropriate. Keeps all need-to-know parties informed of work status.
- Analytical: Analyzes assigned tasks, resources and workflow processes to prioritize projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Organization: Maintains continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines. Sets priorities and meets deadlines. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and follow-through.
- Equipment: Uses such office equipment as computer terminals, copiers, calculators
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, specialized industry-specific drafting, visualization, and design software.
- Physical: Sits for extended time periods. Hearing and vision within normal ranges. Occasional use of hands and fingers to handle or feel, repetitive small motor activity, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, standing, walking, stooping, crouching, kneeling, and climbing. Above Average eyesight is required. Corrective lenses can be used.
- Customer Service: Possesses a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Regulatory: Within specified area of responsibility, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements including the following: Maintains good driving record and valid license. Keeps informed as to industry information, technology, and new product information.
- Primarily work at the WorldStage Secaucus Location with minimal (less than 10%) work from other locations to be determined.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the development of project documentation and planning.
- Computer aided drafting and design.
- Provide project support as needed.
- Responsible for working with the Project Manager on any specific project assigned.
- Communicates non-work-related scheduling to departmental supervisor(s).
- Organize, attend, and participate in client requested meetings
- Ensures Company regulations, duties, authority, and accountability of all direct reporting positions are defined and understood.
- Help maintain show/event/project folders in the companies and clients folder structures.
- Attends all mandatory meetings as available, such as departmental and staff meetings.
- Informs supervisors as to work in progress and communicates any missed deadlines or concerns immediately.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion and performs special projects as required.
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Company.
College degree preferred. Familiarity with the Theatrical and Entertainment environment Ability to evaluate and communicate concisely the steps involved and requirements to accomplish the tasks at hand. Two plus year experience in drafting and/or systems design.
Must be able to get along with others and accept constructive criticism. Keeps work area in a neat and orderly manner. Visible supporter of the mission, vision and values of Company.
WorldStage, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WorldStage Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.