Senior Account Manager – Southern California
Start Date: Position Currently Open
Location: Southern, CA
Please submit cover letter and resume at the bottom of the Careers page on our website: https://www.worldstage.com/careers/
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Account Management, the Senior Account Manager is primarily responsible for managing a portfolio of at least $3 million annually by strengthening and expanding client relationships while retaining 95% of recurring annual revenue.
There are 2 primary areas of responsibility: Account Management + Sales Strategy & Execution.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with key decision makers and influencers within each assigned account.
- Provides highly responsive support to each account with 100% of assignments delivered on-time and to the complete satisfaction of the client.
- Represents WorldStage as a premier provider of Staging services and the thought leader in our industry.
- Coordinates all internal activities to ensure each promise is kept, and every experience drives the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Works strategically to maximize revenue capture within each account.
- Hold formal quarterly business reviews with each Account to determine level of satisfaction, assess our competitive position, educate on WorldStage activities and identify events to be pursued.
- Builds strategies to deliver overall growth of their entire Account Management portfolio by at least 10% each year.
- Maintain a superior understanding of the technologies we work with and the services we provide our clients in order to communicate them clearly.
Sales Strategy & Execution:
- Establish and maintain a continually updated list of ten Target Accounts to expand current relationships and/or initiate new relationships.Develop and maintain outreach campaigns to key individuals within each Target Account.
- Utilize both internal systems (i.e. Salesforce), external sources (i.e. LinkedIn) and your own network to uncover connections for gaining “warm introductions” to key contacts vs. cold calling.
- Create, maintain and deliver live electronic sales/marketing presentations that are dynamic and relevant to the audience.
- Attend industry events to uncover new contacts and opportunities while representing WorldStage in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Create proposals and budgets that have a high probability of success while maintaining appropriate margins for WorldStage.
- Maintain a close ratio in excess of 40% of revenue proposed (i.e. If $4M in proposals are submitted in a year, a minimum capture of $1.6M must be achieved).
- All activity, documents and notes captured in detail in Salesforce. Manages the entire sales cycle from initial client contact to budgeting and securing the deal, and invoicing.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of sales proposals. Interacts with other departments in gathering accurate information for budgets.
- Informs supervisors and appropriate team members as to work in progress and communicates any missed potential deadlines or concerns proactively.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion and performs special projects as required.
- Work in harmony with all members of the WorldStage team and enable them to be successful in their role.
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Company.
Essential Job Functions:
Documentation: All client activity captured in real-time in Salesforce CRM.
Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding work content and department and Company matters.
Security: Follows designated processes for management, security, storage and retention of electronic files and paper documents.
Compliance: Meets all compliance requirements related to position and level of authority.
Communication: Communicates well orally and in writing with managers, team members and coworkers, clients and vendors, as appropriate. Keeps all need-to-know parties informed of work status.
Analytical: Analyzes assigned tasks, resources and workflow processes to prioritize projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
Organization: Maintains continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines. Sets priorities and meets deadlines. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and follow-through.
Computer skills: Microsoft Office, specialized industry-specific software, and Internet.
Customer Service: Possesses a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service skills with both colleagues and external customers.
Within specified area of responsibility, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements including the following: Maintains good driving record and valid license in order to operate Company vehicles. Keeps informed as to industry information, technology, and new product information.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Major in communications, marketing or technical theater preferred.
- Familiarity with Apple computers, R2, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Familiarity with photo editing applications such as Elements or Photoshop.
- Advanced understanding of types of event technology, including sound, lighting and video equipment.
- At least 5 years experience in Sales and/or Project Management within the Live Event Industry required.
- Strong presence that engages peers, associates and clients.
- Strategic thinker in preparing Account Plans and strategies.
- Advanced business writing and proposal creation skills.
- Positive mature phone manner with sensitivity to urgency and responsiveness.
- Above average writing skills.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Must be willing to work long hours frequently, with work weeks ranging from 30 hours to 70 hours depending on event schedules and client deadlines.
- Weekend work is required.
- Frequent travel is required.
- Drives for the Company on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to get along with others and accept constructive criticism.
- Visible supporter of the mission, vision and values of Company.
WorldStage, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WorldStage Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.