Internal Project Manager – AV
WorldStage Inc., a multi-faceted event technology provider with a thirty-year history, is seeking Internal Project Manager – AV positions to work on location in Tustin, CA and Nashville, TN.
The individual is responsible for supporting WorldStage staging efforts in creating, revising and finalizing client budgets/quotes and related technical and engineering designs for Audio, Video & Lighting opportunities, and other projects generated by the Sales Team.
WorldStage provides entertainment technology services across an amazingly wide variety of markets including corporate, broadcast, theater, trade shows and experiential marketing. Our diverse project gallery can be viewed at www.WorldStage.com
- Preparing and/or assisting in the development of project budgets and quotations including our venue properties as required.
- Develop, revise and finalize budgets and proposals in response to leads and requests for quotes (RFQ) generated by the Sales Team.
- Ensure completeness of orders technically, filling in any and all necessary components.
- Work closely with the Account Manager, Account Director to maximize pre-show project profitability for WorldStage while maintaining budget expectations.
- Assists in collection of information, post show, cross-departmentally, to assist Sales Team members in creating final invoices in a timely fashion.
- May be required to attend/conduct site visits & surveys to establish/refine project requirements as needed.
- As a technical extension of the Sales Team, you will be required to attend sales team related functions including attending client calls, meetings & conferences.
- Advanced Audio and Video System design and project management including, but not limited to: internal & external communication and crew selection input.
- Booking AV gear in our rental software system (R2).
- Research custom solutions and special requirements.
- Provides on-going support of sales and operations department functions as required by work load and supports all team members to ensure individual and department objectives are met.
- Ensures compliance with Company regulations, specifically as it relates to process, safety, dress code, duties, and decision making authority.
- Knowledgeable of all Company equipment, requirements, proper usage, system backup analysis and spare equipment needs.
- Informs supervisors as to work in progress and proactively communicates any potential for missed deadlines or other concerns immediately.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion, and performs special projects as required.
- On occasion, act as a sales person for smaller events/opportunities.
- Active and visible supporter of the mission, vision and values of Company.
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Company.
- The ability to interpret and edit CAD drawings as related to show RFPs, custom designs, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of professional audio, video, computer interfacing, lighting, rigging and projection for live events.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Audio/Visual Project Manager.
- Familiarity in technical design, budgeting and coordination of audio visual services for live events.
- Experience and technical acumen with VectorWorks preferred.
- Extensive experience with R2 inventory system & Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to perform in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and possess the capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to foster an entrepreneurial mind-set while at the same time accepting direction.
- High School Graduate., college degree or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to get along with others and accept constructive criticism. Keeps work area in a neat and orderly manner. Visible supporter of the mission, vision and values of Company.
WorldStage, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WorldStage Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.