Head LED Technician – New York/New Jersey
WorldStage Inc., a multi-faceted event technology provider with a thirty-year history, is seeking an experienced Head LED Technician to work on location.
The Head LED Technician will be responsible for pre-production assistance of shows, installation oversight of LED walls, and Programming of LED walls on-site.
Candidate should have engineering knowledge to be able to troubleshoot issues that arise, in order to support large-scale event production. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in LED and or video engineering, with a very strong emphasis on technical skills, organizational skills, logistical coordination as well as effective communications abilities.
WorldStage provides entertainment technology services across an amazingly wide variety of markets including corporate, broadcast, theater, trade shows and experiential marketing. Our diverse project gallery can be viewed at www.worldstage.com
Reports to: Director of LED Services
Salary: The position is full-time with benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Duties to Include:
- Responsible for installation of multiple different types of owned and re-rented LED walls.
- Should be familiar with a wide range of processors including Barco, Nova, EnVision, Brompton and others.
- Should have solid understanding of video signals and signal flow to assist in troubleshooting.
- Should have experience color matching LED and understand the different parts of the color spectrum and how to use them to color a wall.
- Strong leadership skills and able to direct crew members (union and non union) on-site.
- Strong communication skills throughout the process (internal and direct to clients)
- Able to work well under pressure and anticipating obstacles while keep client needs the top priority.
- Knowledge of safety standards for building of LED walls
- Work alongside our LED Asset & Production manager to assist AE and PM’s as needed.
Location: Time will be split between the field (all over the country) & the WSE NY & NJ office locations as directed. Primary home location will be the New York City Tri-State Area.
WorldStage, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WorldStage Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.