LED Video Walls
No longer the expensive and exotic display technology of year’s past, LED display technologies have joined the mainstream and edged past other large screen technologies such as projection for many applications. Clients and audiences are enjoying the deep color saturation, the clarity and imperviousness to ambient light that LED offers.
WorldStage has supported and pioneered the technology for many years and currently provides a variety of LED displays for applications small, large and huge. Here’s short primer on what WorldStage has to offer for clients that require the visual punch that only an LED display can provide:
WorldStage provides LED with both indoor and outdoor capabilities.
- Weatherproof, and five times as bright as indoor tiles, outdoor LED displays successfully compete with daylight.
- With higher resolutions, indoor tiles are silent, have a very limited footprint and blast through any lighting conditions you throw at them, making them a great alternative for video projection or monitor displays.
LED brands featured by WorldStage include:
- U3 – The 3.75mm U3 tile made for us by Unilumin, offers great modularity, outstanding image quality and easy ground support or rigged installation. 480mm x 480mm. Best for: Indoors with viewers +10 ft from screen.
- U39 – A 3.9mm lightweight tile, the U39 tile can be used to create very large displays with remarkably low weight loading. 500mm x 500mm. Best for: Indoors with viewers +12 ft from screen.
- U6 – At a full 6,000 nits of light output, the U6 is one of the highest resolution tiles made for outdoor use. Weather proof and sturdy, the 6.7mm U6, provides terrific image quality in both indoor and outdoor applications. Best for: indoor or outdoor with viewers +20 ft from screen.
- Barco C5 – This 5.5mm tile is still the leader in terms of pure image quality, due to it’s Nichia LED’s and DX-700 processing. Best for: Indoor applications with viewers +15 ft from screen.
- Roe Hybrid 18 – Combining outdoor full-color video at 18mm pixel pitch and blinding full-color LED clusters at 150mm, the revolutionary Hybrid 18 can function as an outdoor video display with integrated video/lighting effects. Best for: when you really want to rock your indoor or outdoor audience.
Among the events incorporating LED Video Wall technology produced by WorldStage:
- YouTube Brandcast 2015: GoodSense & Company pushed the boundaries for the Google/YouTube 2015 Newfront. WorldStage’s U3 tiles created a massive, moving, curved LED wall to reveal presenters and content — and Bruno Mars kept the party funky.
- Telemundo Upfront 2015: The visuals for this high-glitz show at the Rose Theatre at Lincoln Center relied on a high-resolution 3.9mm LED wall.
- Award-Winning Intel Booth at CES: Along with the 4mm LED video tiles, sound system and other services WorldStage provided for this booth, our designers built mind-blowing LED “cloud trees” displaying HD video.
In addition to state of the art equipment, WorldStage offers a unique combination of experience and expertise, affording our clients a collaborative approach to delivering highly customized creative solutions, particularly when multiple display technologies are part of the challenge.