Senior Video High Res Engineer – Southern California
Start Date: Position Currently Open
Location: Tustin, CA
Please submit cover letter and resume at the bottom of the Careers page on our website: http://www.worldstage.com/careers/
Under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President and General Manager, the Video Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting and providing clients with consistent and successful show performance, which in turn ensures client feedback is positive regarding all aspects of a show, including crew performance.
- Works on show-site as a Video Engineer (EIC) and High Res Screen Switcher
- Does video system design and drawings when requested.
- Ensures that all R2 orders are accurate for both equipment and cable within the inventory system for jobs that are assigned.
- Collaborates on future video equipment packaging and design with the appropriate approval process.
- Assists with supervising the condition and maintenance of the company’s video equipment inventory.
- Conveys concise show requirements to operations to assure accurate, detailed and complete work orders can be documented and resolve promptly any inter-departmental conflicts.
- Ensures onsite equipment is neatly wired, dressed and in safe working condition.
- Responsible for working with the Project Manager capturing and documenting on to the show report all onsite costs, equipment adds and overtime.
- Responsible for equipment being returned properly packed and accounted for and properly marked and documented on to the show report if damaged or broken and in need of repair or service.
- Responsible for working with the Project Manager on documenting show site performance of freelance technicians and providing skill ratings to the Company’s labor coordinator.
- When requested, processes all related post show paperwork and submits it promptly and accurately within 24 hours of completing a show, including an overview of any show difficulties.
- Communicates non-show related scheduling on to the company calendar.
- Knowledgeable of all standard operating procedures, safety guidelines and various general aspects of all departments in order to anticipate the needs of the Company.
- Ensures Company regulations, duties, authority, and accountability of all direct reporting positions are defined and understood.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, such as departmental and staff meetings.
- Informs supervisors as to work in progress and communicates any missed deadlines or concerns immediately.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion and performs special projects as required.
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Company.
- High School Graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 5 years experience in related field or industry.
- Familiarity with proper handling of technical equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate concisely the steps involved and requirements to accomplish the tasks at hand.
- Strong knowledge of professional video equipment and systems.
- Strong knowledge and operator experience of Barco E2 and Spyder X20.
- Should be experienced in Computer Assisted Drawing software.
- Drives for the Company on an as-needed basis.
- Must be able to get along with others and accept constructive criticism.
- Keeps work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Visible supporter of the mission, vision and values of Company.
WorldStage, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WorldStage Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.